No One Hurt In House Fire Near South Haven

No one is hurt following a house fire in Allegan County’s Casco Township on Monday. South Haven Area Emergency Services says it responded to the blaze at 143 Blue Star Highway around 8:45 p.m. The homeowner had been trying to start a generator when it burst into flames. Unable to call for help, the homeowner drove about a mile to a SHAES fire station on Blue Star Highway. By the time firefighters got to the property, the fire had spread into the house and through the attic. The home received extensive damage. On the plus side, the homeowner’s cat, originally feared dead in the fire, was later found safe.